Mutual Support is a National Support Group of the MS Society, a registered charity, nos 1139257 / SC041990. Registered as a limited company in England and Wales 07451571. Our charitable objects are:
- To enhance and improve the quality of life of all military personnel, their families and carers affected by MS, through support, information, advocacy and counselling.
- To provide a safe environment for members of the military family affected by MS to be able to share their experiences and talk about the impact MS has had on their lives.
- To educate and provide information to the military, the public and healthcare professionals to help support those affected by MS.
The Website is intended only to be used by people who are 16 years old or older. If the user is aged under 16 the Website is intended to be used only with the supervision of an adult.
There are certain parts of the Website which can only be accessed and used if you are registered with us as a registered user. By registering or attempting to register with us as a registered user you represent and warrant to us that:
- you are aged 16 years old or older, or you are using the Website with the supervision of an adult; and
- your use of the Website is not in breach of any applicable laws or regulations.
Once registered with us as a registered user you will be asked to use a user name and a password. You will always be responsible for any access of or use of the Website Services made using your username and password. Do not allow someone else to access or use your account and do not access or use someone else’s account.
The use of the Website Services for gathering information for surveys and research studies or similar is prohibited unless prior permission has been given by Mutual Support.
Your Use of the Website
We permit you to access and use the Website on the understanding that it is only available for your personal use and not for promotional or commercial use and that you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You may, for your personal use;
- retrieve and display content from the Website on a computer screen;
- print, but not photocopy, individual pages on paper; and/or
- store files in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network).
You agree not to participate in any mischievous or malicious behaviour which causes damage or may cause damage to Mutual Support or the Website, or any of the computer systems upon which the Website relies.
You must not send unsolicited messages for the purposes of advertising a product or service on the Website.
We may, at our discretion, deactivate at any time an account which has been used to upload content (including usernames and passwords) which we believe to be:
- obscene, defamatory or libellous, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or in violation of any laws or good morals or practice;
- containing contact details of other individuals (emails, phone numbers, fax numbers or postal addresses) without the prior consent of those individuals;
- containing advertisements or references to products or services without our prior consent;
- excessive repetition of that content; or
- an infringement of another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights and rights of privacy and publicity).
Notwithstanding that at no time will we be obliged to pre-check the contents posted via the links to Facebook. We make no guarantee nor representation as to the accuracy, integrity, timeliness or quality of information on the Website.
All material, content and trademarks or logos on the Website and all intellectual property rights in the same are owned by or licensed to Mutual Support and are protected by the applicable intellectual property rights and laws.
Your Personal Information
Any content, advice, commentary or other materials which is made available on the Website does not form advice on which you should place reliance. The material is intended for educational purposes only and should not be taken in place of professional advice.
Use of the Website Services is entirely at your own risk.
The information contained on these pages is of a general nature and is intended to provide a public information service, free of charge. The information should not be relied upon or used without first confirming the accuracy of it with Mutual support or another professional body.
Information on the Website is subject to change without prior notice. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information on the Website is complete, correct and up to date, this cannot be guaranteed and Mutual support shall not be liable whatsoever for any damages incurred as a result of its use.
You will not acquire any rights, whether contractual, in tort or otherwise as a result of the information contained on the Website. Mutual Support, its volunteers and other persons connected with the creation, maintenance or dissemination of these pages will not be liable for any damage or loss, direct or indirect, occasioned by the use of the Website or the Website Services.
Third Party Websites
The Website may include links to websites of other parties as a result of automated search facilities, or associations of Mutual Support, but these links do not mean that Mutual Support endorses or in any way guarantees those third party websites or any of the goods or services offered on them.
Suspension of Access
Mutual Support reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website and Website Services at any time, with or without notice or explanation.